You demonstrate a strong understanding of key governance topics, while demonstrating high learning agility in order to build an increasing depth of knowledge, and a sound understanding of the responsibilities of the Stewardship team
You prepare company and sector-level research and apply proxy voting guidelines with appropriate judgement, using analysis to diagnose and resolve issues as required, across a broad range of governance, environmental and social topics in order to recommend and author vote recommendations. You utilize effective decision quality when elevating proxy votes for IG review and escalating potential voting issues for more senior team member involvement, which may include providing recommendations for potential resolution.
- Identifies trends in feedback /questions received from internal and external business partners, and makes recommendations to resolve them.
Has a developing knowledge of market issues, identifies industry trends, and incorporates competitive knowledge into key initiatives and recommendations; consistently shares knowledge within the Stewardship team.
May participate in forums to understand the stewardship industry.
- Guides internal business partners through small complexity issues, with a focus on continuous improvement and establishment of business processes.
- You partner with more senior team members in standalone research efforts based on internal requests in areas of familiarity.
- You participate in company engagements with senior decision-makers on ESG related topics.
- You demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge in the application of proxy voting guidelines, including escalating relevant trends and making recommendations in a timely manner to senior members of the team for guideline committee consideration.
- You build credibility with the IG as relationships develop over time and viewed as providing value-added contributions to the proxy voting process.
- You bring developing sector and company expertise as a participant alongside more senior Stewardship associates when engaging with issuers.
- You participate in developing training materials around specific topics that increase the team's knowledge base, and consistently share articles and notes from webcasts and industry events with the team.
- You participate in projects with key stakeholders, demonstrating an understanding of team procedures and a risk awareness mindset.
- You seek to build relationships, credibility and knowledge with key internal and external stakeholders.
- You provide ongoing feedback (both positive and constructive) to leadership on team needs and opportunities.
- More junior roles will ensure that voting decisions are transmitted to the market timely and accurately, contribute to securities lending responsibilities and provide support to client and ad hoc reporting requirements.
"I AM THE PERSON CAPITAL GROUP IS LOOKING FOR."
- You have demonstrated ability to be self-driven to understand how and why things work, the financial industry and/or the connections between processes and technology.
You have the ability to learn and apply to your daily work to various systems and research resources.
You demonstrate a developing knowledge of Stewardship functions, Capital Group's Proxy Voting Guidelines, policies, procedures and systems.
- You have demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders, the Investment Group and portfolio companies' management and directors.
- You have demonstrated effective report writing skills, including recording of engagement and voting activity on internal systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (90079)