About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Postdoctoral Fellow Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The Beckman Research Institute at City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Research Fellow. The position will be jointly based in the highly collaborative and NIH-funded laboratories of Dr. Jeannine McCune and Dr. Russ Rockne. This postdoctoral fellow will focus on developing quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) models using -omics and computational tools to rapidly improve patient care. Based on our recent discoveries, we are entering a new phase of precision medicine-focused mathematical modeling to identify those individuals likely to respond to treatment.Qualifications Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
• A Ph.D., or equivalent, degree with research experience in the fields of pharmaceutical sciences, biological or chemical engineering, mathematics, computer science or related field of study;
• Ability to work independently and as a part of research team
• High motivation and desire to be part of multidisciplinary group
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Preferable strong knowledge of cancer biology
• Experience with pharmacokinetic modeling (required), statistical and exploratory data analysis techniques
• Experience with analyzing omics data is beneficial
• Knowledge of biological data sources (e.g. NCBI, Ensembl, Cosmic, TCGA, etc.)
• High proficiency with at least one of the following programming languages: R/S-PLUS, MATLAB, SAS, Python
• Experience in a Unix and cluster computing environments
• Design and execute mathematical models and quantitative analyses of experimental data
• Present data and results in a clear and concise manner
• Support in document review, data entry, and data analysis
• Participate in the preparation of grant applications and IND submissions
• Successfully meet project goals
Interested candidates should send a single PDF file including a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement with scientific goals, CV and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Jeannine McCune (jmccune@coh. org ).
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Location/Region: Duarte, CA