Raymond Handling Concepts is seeking a Shop Technician
to join our winning team! This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of material handling equipment. Using basic hand tools and electric measuring devices, the technician will troubleshoot and repair equipment back to manufacturers' recommendations/specifications. These repairs will include disassembly and reassembly, along with both major and minor component replacement of all parts associated with electric and internal combustion lifts trucks, and other material handling equipment as designated by management. Essential Functions:
Experience and Skills
- Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment -- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily based on mechanical and electrical principles.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment -- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, via two-way radio, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Controlling Machines and Processes -- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (including computers and vehicles).
- Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls -- This job requires using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls on a regular basis
- Face-to-Face and Phone/Radio Discussions -- Ability to conduct professional and informative face-to-face and phone/radio discussions with customers, vendors and team members as part of this job.
- Time Pressure -- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Frequency of Decision Making -- Ability to make decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. This position requires some type of mechanical experience or training. Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects with or without aid. The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) with or without aid. This position requires the ability to hear various levels of sound and noise with or without aid. The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion. The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted. The ability to communicate clearly with or without aid. The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position. The ability to lift 25 - 50 lbs. continuously. The ability to maneuver up to 125 lbs. with assistance of equipment or other team members.
RHCC provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.raymondhandling.com . Raymond Handling Concepts has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service. Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line.
We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Location/Region: Stockton, CA