Raymond Handling Solutions is currently on the lookout for a Battery Technician
to join our Service Team! The Battery Technician plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels to customer sites to evaluate, diagnose, and repair customer's equipment.
- Removes and disassembles cells and inspects parts to detect defects.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
- Fills cells with acid solution and determines specific gravity of solution.
- Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries at customer's location.
- Installs new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repairs chargers.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous customer service experience in field support.
- A basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Able to read and comprehend manuals, procedures, and other written documents written in English.
- Able to solve simple formulas and do basic math.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Able and willing to operate a forklift truck.
- Must be able to do overnight travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the Internet.
- A basic electrical understanding.
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics.
- A desire to work independently on-site at customer locations.
- The ability to quickly analyze situations and make a decision, and provide immediate feedback to the customer.
- Functions without direct supervision.
RHSI provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.raymondhandlingsolutions.com . Raymond Handling Solutions has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service. Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line.
We are a drug free company. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Location/Region: Ontario, CA