Northeast Cincinnati Pediatrics is looking to hire two certified Medical Assistants for their Landen and Blue Ash and Lebanon offices.
The positions are full time, Monday thru Friday, and include a Saturday rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the appropriate and accurate preparation of the patient for the physical visit to the point of sign-in until the completion of t he visit. Function as a liaison between patients physician/nurse practitioners, nurse and scheduling. Convey a positive affect and attitude and promote a positive image of the practice.
- Adhere to current HIPPA regulations and federal/state laws for patient protected health information (PHI) and or medical records; adherence of all NECP policies/procedures as the pertain to PHI and the medical record; maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information.
- Opening the lab, recording temperature ranges for refrigerators and freezer, room temperature and humidity ranges.
- Maintain logs for quality control testing for all in house testing.
- Coordinate patient care by preparing for daily huddle meetings with assigned provider to ensure all patient care needs are addressed prior to the upcoming patient visit.
- Escorting patient and family members to the exam room from the waiting room.
- Identifying the patient by name and DOB.
- Obtain physical measurements and objective data including age, weight, temperature and chief complaint and onset for ill visits; age, height, weight, blood pressure, head circumference, vision screening, hearing screening, lead screening, cholesterol screening for well exams of appropriate age.
- Input vital signs and necessary history information into the patient's electronic medical record in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Reconciling of active prescription medications, herbal medications and vitamins.
- Administer vaccines and/or in house testing of specimens per provider orders.
- Assist providers, nurses and other clinical staff with exams, procedures immunizations and other medical treatments as necessary.
- Obtain venous blood draws or finger sticks per provider orders.
- Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness under the provider's direction or the use of standing orders.
- Update and print immunization records and growth charts.
- Implement forms and report data in the medical record; asthma form, constipation form, patient history form, M-chat form, ASQ form, school physical/sport form, and any other form pertinent to the visit.
- Clean and prepare exam room for the next patient
- Clean and stock treatment rooms at the end of each shift and report any needed repairs.
- Obtaining weekly accurate vaccine count.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and quarterly clinical department meetings.
- Manage inventory of medical supplies in a cost efficient manner (delegated MA).
- Maintain adequate protocol for the purpose to ensure the lab is functioning properly under the guidelines for (COLA) Commissions of Laboratory Accreditation, with test controls, equipment controls, accurate patient chart documentation, providing the patient with accurate results (delegated MA).
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with patients, parents, providers, nurses and other staff.
- Excellent computer proficiency and knowledge of EMR.
- Able to accurately input patient information into the medical record.
- Ability to be punctual and dedicated to the patients, families and staff under all circumstances.
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant Program, Associate degree preferred.
- Prefer 2 years or more experience working in a pediatric/family practice office.
- High school diploma or GED required
- CPR certification (Not required at time of hire, must complete within first 2 years of employment).
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs and exert up to 30 lbs of occasional force.
- Must be able efficiently move patients/families through the appointment process and to anticipate patient and provider needs.
- Must at all times maintain a positive attitude towards patients, families, Providers and staff.
- Friendly and courteous under all conditions and maintain a neat and professional appearance and attitude.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a busy setting while maintaining a positive attitude under all circumstances.
- Ability to maintain punctual attendance.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring and respectful image in any in office and family situation.
- Requires working occasional irregular hours, Saturday's and holiday weekends.
- Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, fax, laptops, temporal scan thermometer, pulse oximeter, scales, etc.
- Must abide by the NECP Policy and Procedures Manual.
About this company
Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc. is dedicated to serving the community with the highest quality of pediatric medical care. We place an emphasis on creating a unique blend of clinical expertise and compassion to promote a positive relationship between families, physicians and nurse practitioners, as well as office staff.
Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc., has three convenient locations available for our patients: Blue Ash, Landen, and Lebanon. Each office is open during regular workdays hour throughout the week; in addition, the Landen office holds extended weeknight and weekend hours.
Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc. believes in the value of its employees, who are central to the success of the practice. Northeast strives to promote a positive, professional and courteous working environment where cooperation and respect will lead to compassion and individual concern.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH (US)