First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Provide vision and direction regarding all aspects of Contractor management as it relates to cost, timeliness of service and quality of service.
- Develop contractor, state, county and sub county specific pricing strategies.
- Lead the development of contractor specific tools and scorecards to monitor and identify cost saving opportunities as they relate to quality of service, timeliness of service and cost of service.
- Provide an activity based financial perspective of contractor cost and impact
- Develop strategies and tactics to ensure execution of territory objectives.
- Responsible for budgeting and monitoring company spending relative to service activities; including negotiating contracts with vendors (contractors).
- Coordinate planning and review sessions with sales teams and contractors to ensure territory allocations support the business plan.
- Interface with Sales, Customer Service, Sales Support, Purchasing, Invoice Control, etc.
- Report any competitive information that will affect our business.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate contractor personnel.
- Monitor company spending relative to contractor activities including invoice management.
- Oversee independent contractor audits to measure performance against their goals.
- Actively manage contractor allocation model to ensure best contractor receives the most work.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong MS Office skills
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Organized & detail oriented
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Project Management skills
- Strong budgeting and cost analysis skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Minimum of four years relevant professional level work experience and up to two years in first level management role with responsibility to manage a process and/or department function.
- Coordinates imperative day to day transactions and/or business activities (i.e. strategic projects
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Carroll, IA