First American Title Insurance Company’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Job SummaryFirst American Title Insurance Company's National Commercial Services division is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative for its Norman, OK office.
The Customer Service Rep will perform a host of customer service duties such as receiving calls and requests from the general public, real estate agents/brokers or other agencies. The type of request may depend on the business segment e.g. escrow branches will deal with escrow-related calls. Insurance businesses may receive policy or claims related inquiries and SMS may receive technical-related questions. Interface with customers typically by telephone, letter, fax or email to handle queries/problems. Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. These jobs are generic for broad applicability across the organization.
- Assist internal and external customers with requests and inquiries, resolving 1st and 2nd tier customer service calls.
- Completes and processes orders.
- Verifies contact information.
- Tracks orders as necessary for customers, runs various reports as requested.
- Maintains accounting of all orders in order to comply with customer delivery expectations.
- Records consistent problem areas.
Job Qualifications- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated basic MS Office skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands
- Basic math skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply common sense, understanding and problem solving
- Must demonstrate skills required to answer in-bound calls and process orders (data entry) for Flood
- Must have clearance to enter client credit card information
- Proficient in MS Office
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Norman, OK