Oversees the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and administration of Brantwood Camp aquatic facilities, which consists of the two pools and Silver Lake. Oversees the training, testing, and certification of staff and employees of the camp. Develops and implements various aquatic programs. Ensures that all appropriate water health and safety standards are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and coordinates the training of staff, scheduling of activities and daily operations of all aquatics programs and facilities.
- Oversees the maintenance of pools, to include chemistry, cleanliness and related maintenance.
- Ensures that all appropriate health and safety standards are maintained; ensures pools and lakefront is compliant with all state and local requirements.
- Develops, implements and oversees a variety of aquatics programs for campers.
- Maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains inventories of pool equipment, chemicals and other supplies.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Three (3) years experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification (preferred)
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and Waterfront Lifeguard Training certifications.
- Must be 21 years old
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to access all areas of camp by foot, physically assist with the upkeep of all areas of camp, lead and facilitate rescues and emergency procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The position has exposure to Blood-borne Pathogens and the incumbent should be educated and prepared on same.
Location/Region: Peterborough, NH (US - 03458)