The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the P-card (Purchase Card) and Travel & Entertainment expense administration process including setting up/terminating cards, reporting, accrual and maintenance all while ensuring that invoices and expenses are approved timely and providing assistance to employees with issues; setting up vendors, processing vendor invoices, reporting, month-end close and cash disbursements..
vouching all vendor invoices through the applicable system; vouching employee expense reports, communicating with departments to resolve vouching discrepancies, resolving expense report issues and problems and assisting with vendor payments and month end closing procedures. In addition to these activities, he/she will be required to execute P-card setups and review various exceptions, compliance and reporting. The incumbent will also oversee the American Express and expense administration process including setting up/terminating cards, reporting, accrual and maintenance; all while ensuring that expenses are approved and provide assistance to employees with iexpense issues.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Responsible for setting up new vendors, requesting W-9s and maintaining current vendor listing
- Responsible for data entry of vendor invoices and verification of proper support
- Responsible for vouching invoices and ensuring proper approval in compliance with the Company’s established signing authority limits
- Responsible for timely cash disbursements
- Maintain/update signing authority limits
- Follow-up with vendors regarding questions about payments and requests for supporting documentation
- Responsible for scanning invoices into Oracle (Expense system).
- Set up, terminate and maintain P-cards, Company credit cards and Travel & Entertainment cards
- Perform P-card and Travel & Entertainment accrual process, monthly reconciliation and payment
- Oversee the credit card reporting and accrual as well as maintenance
- Report on P-card and credit card usage and compliance reviews including attestation process
- Establish and maintain P-card limits as deemed necessary
- Review and maintain restricted merchant category listing for P-cards
- Research P-Card, credit card and Travel & Entertainment cards issues and perform timely resolution
- Assist employees with any and all i-expense issues
- Actively communicate compliance requirements and deadlines to organization
- Provide ongoing accounting support to Finance, i.e. escheatment follow-up
- Work on special projects and adhoc tasks as requested by management
- Increase/decrease employee limits when necessary
- Report as needed information regarding expense administration while also ensuring expenses are approved
- Provide support to the Manager relating to accounts payable requests.
- Responsible for data entry of vendor invoices.
- Responsible for matching vouchers with checks and mailings.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Associate’s degree preferred in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, in addition to 2-5 years of hands-on accounts payable experience in a fast paced environment.
- Experience using nationally recognized corporate accounting software required. Oracle experience is a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative, problem-solve, and communicate effectively
- Must be able to handle data entry for large volume of invoices
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Excel and Work, and an ability to learn to use various financial software applications; knowledge of Oracle a plus.
- Experience with P-card, credit cards and Travel & Entertainment cards are a plus
- Attention to detail and keen financial acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- Must interact with others professionally with respect to all levels of the organization.
- This is primarily a sedentary job. Must have ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to full shift.
- Close visual acuity required to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.