PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Does the thought of sitting behind a desk all day make you cringe? Are you seeking a career with a greater purpose?
If you screamed “YES!” to each of those questions, you may be just who we are looking for to help our team “protect and beautify the world!”
As a Production Operator with PPG, you will be an essential part of our operations, ensuring that a quality product is deliverable to our customers when they need them.
Your work will directly impact people’s lives. Without you, our products would not be available to paint the nurseries of new parents, to make residents of retirement homes feel more at home, and even keep travelers safe in the skies when flying to see family during holidays!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety procedures and works to continuously improve safety in the plant and work areas
- Conducts inventory checks and communicates information critical to packaging inventory management
- Performs Packaging and Filling production orders in an SAP production environment
- Must be able to read and execute filling order instructions with a high attention to detail
- Must be computer literate
- Operates manufacturing industrial fill line packaging and filling equipment
- Operates fill line computer process control interfaces to complete critical filling process tasks
- Performs routine quality inspections to ensure all manufacturing steps are performed in acceptable manner
- Must be able to work with others to promote teamwork and a positive workplace culture
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a reglar basis and lift up to 70 lbs
Experience and Education
- Experience in a production/warehouse environment is required
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
Internal ID: JOBREQ1800019988
Location/Region: Sparks, NV