The Senior Analyst, Compensation performs a key role in the design, development, analysis, implementation and administration of Envision’ s compensation programs and strategic initiatives regarding base pay and variable pay programs. This position will collaborate with HR Business Partners as well as all levels of management to provide expertise in solving complex business challenges while supporting the overall compensation strategy.
- Participates in compensation programs and projects in order to optimize the compensation strategy of the company while collaborating with other functional areas including HR, Information Technology and Payroll.
- Provide data analysis and expert counsel to all levels of leadership as well as HR staff on compensation programs and initiatives related to pay structures, short- and long-term incentive programs, job architecture, departmental reorganizations, pay change recommendations, new hire offers, and wage and hour regulations.
- Manage salary survey administration and serve as the point of contact for the market-pricing platform.
- Perform job analysis and job evaluations to develop job profile and job descriptions. Determine FLSA exemption and salary grade assignment while ensuring all compensation guidelines are competitive, equitable and cost-effective.
- Prepare analysis and recommend annual merit budget and structure adjustments based on statistical modeling as well as participate in the design, analysis and administration of short-term variable pay programs.
- Knowledge in external marketplace compensation trends and update to applicable employment laws.
- Collaborate with sales management to create and maintain motivating incentive plans determining metric-driven criteria and ensuring accurate compliant payout.
- Special projects and performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Regular and reliable attendance required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Minimum of five (5) years of strong compensation experience. Healthcare experience preferred.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Oracle and UltiPro software systems, PC; Windows based spreadsheet/word processing package.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages. Ability to manipulate number to identify trends and statistical variances.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners’ success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Minimal travel (up to 10%) by land and / or air required.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
Bachelors or better. Experience
5 years: Strong compensation experience Licenses & Certifications
Location/Region: Nashville, TN