The Public Safety Telecommunicator, in the Sidney Police Department, is responsible for receiving and dispatching incoming calls or in-person requests for police, fire, and rescue services.
The Public Safety Telecommunicator primarily works in the Police Department Communications Center. The Communications Center is a 24-hour, seven (7) day a week, public safety communications facility staffed by regular full-time and part-time Technicians.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to obtain a passing score on a written test.
- Successfully pass a Polygraph test, Criminal Background Check, Psychological Assessment and a Drug Screen.
- Successfully complete basic public safety, emergency medical and fire service dispatch courses.
- Ability to secure required CPR and LEADS certifications.
- Demonstrate good clerical skills and the ability to effectively use all equipment in the Communications Center
- Resident of Shelby County or adjacent county or become a resident within one (1) year from the date of hire. Maintain residency in Shelby County or adjacent county during employment.
About this company
The City of Sidney is a progressive growth-oriented community strategically located just miles away from Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo and Indianapolis.
Whether you are looking for a place to live, work or raise a family, Sidney, Ohio has what you're looking for!
Location/Region: Shelby County/Miami County, OH