The Data Analyst is responsible for the extraction, collection, validation, organization, and reporting of data and information to support accreditation compliance, policy development, strategic planning, program review, student learning assessment and other continuous quality improvement efforts. This individual will develop effective and accurate data retrieval strategies and produce reports to support future planning and data-informed decision making for the College, in addition to fulfilling mandatory state and national reporting requirements.
- Extract and analyze data from a variety of systems to fulfill recurring and ad hoc requests for information from throughout the College and from external entities.
- Serve as an expert resource regarding interpretation of institutional quantitative and qualitative data as it applies to informational needs.
- Administer survey tools and facilitate focus groups to provide for regular and ad hoc qualitative data gathering that provides information for institutional improvements.
- Provide verbal, written, and/or visual analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to a wide variety of audiences, which may include college leadership and other employees, as well as external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and support on matters related to institutional research, strategic planning, and performance measures.
- Maintain sets of key data points to inform the College’s planning efforts. Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify these data points and assist groups to utilize these data sets for informed action.
- Design and maintain processes, systems, and data sets to support and facilitate consistency and quality in program reviews for units and departments throughout the institution.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones and software.
Position Type and Hours of Work
This full-time position has scheduled days and work hours of Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum of two (2) years of full-time work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with complex relational databases and extraction and analysis tools such as SQL, Access, Excel, Business Intelligence packages, and data visualization software.
- Demonstrated ability in providing customer service to individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Master’s degree in a related field and/or additional formal training in institutional research
- Higher Education experience
- Strong technical, analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills with high level understanding of data definitions, data sources, extraction logic, and methodologies
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate meaning from qualitative and quantitative data as it relates to a variety of reporting needs and audiences
- Familiar with national and state-level educational trends and initiatives, especially those related to planning, institutional effectiveness, assessment, accreditation, and accountability reporting
- Detailed oriented with a commitment to ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions.
- Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, retirement, and more.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Helene Fuld College of Nursing is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligation for non-discrimination, Helene Fuld College of Nursing is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can learn and thrive.
About this company
Helene Fuld College of Nursing is an independent, single-purpose institution. Its mission is to provide the opportunity, through a career-ladder approach, for individuals to enhance their education and improve their nursing practice. The College endeavors to produce high quality and technically adaptable nurses who are able to function effectively in a changing society.
Location/Region: New York City