PPG Maintenance Process Control Technician PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @PPG on Twitter.
When you were a kid, when something broke, did you take it apart and try to fix it? Does your handiness extend past the ability to use a roll of duct tape? Are you seeking a career with a greater purpose?
If you screamed “YES!” to each of those questions, you may be just who we are looking for to help our team “protect and beautify the world!”
As a Maintenance Pocess Control Technician with PPG, you will be the backbone of the production team, ensuring that all equipment and machinery are performing at top notch!
Your work will directly impact people’s lives, ensuring that our products are available to paint the nurseries of new parents, to make residents of retirement homes feel more at home, and even keep travelers safe in the skies when flying to see family during holidays!
Provides a contact point for shift software and hardware issues for all process control systems at the Temple location. These control systems include Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’S) and process computers. The incumbent provides electrical, computer and instrument troubleshooting for the Site. The incumbent is a Maintenance Mechanic/Process Control professional and will be utilized as a mechanic when not required for Control System.
Nature and Scope:
- The incumbent reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or the Plant Engineer (will interface with other Process Control Technicians). The incumbent has daily formal and informal contact with the Maintenance Supervisor regarding the status of the location’s process control systems.
- The Maintenance Process Control Technician is responsible for documentation, maintenance, and programming of all the process control systems. The incumbent works in their primary assigned building.
- The incumbent assists other maintenance mechanics/technicians in electrical and instrumentation trouble shooting, as well as assisting the Plant with computer, electrical and instrument related capital projects for the location.
- The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the files on the location’s process control systems. The files contain design documentation as well as program and data backup. The incumbent also assists the Maintenance Supervisor in meeting process safety, electrical and instrumentation requirements and assists in the support of software and hardware for the computerized maintenance management system (MicroMain). The incumbent performs other maintenance functions as directed and requested by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading process computer and instrumentation systems to assure maximum equipment up-time and efficiency.
- Responsible for maintaining files on all process control systems.
- Responsible for meeting all requirements specified in engineering procedures related to electrical safety, critical instrument protective systems, and programmable electronic systems.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the procedures and PMs associated with the Control Systems and instrumentation. Assist the department in meeting all requirements of the electrical and instrumentation sections of process safety management.
- Assist in the support of the software and hardware for the computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Assist the department with computer, electrical and instrumentation related areas of the Capital Projects to assure on-time and in-budget completion of projects.
- Assist in performing tape/disk or PC to PC back-up of electronic files of all PLC, DCS (Distributed Control System) and LAN systems.
- Assist in maintaining the local PEP/AIG (Asset Integrity Guidelines) files for the site.
- Writing work orders detailing work in progress and completed in the process control area.
- Assist all mechanics with electrical troubleshooting questions and provide limited electrical training.
- Ability to work 1st shift - 6am - 2:30pm
- At least three years of experience with industrial manufacturing process control systems and/or a degree in Computer Electrical Electronics.
- Ability to identify problems with the process control systems, to make repairs in-house, or obtain the necessary help to correct the problem.
- Strong PC skills.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
Internal ID: JOBREQ1800019672
Location/Region: Temple, TX