Pharmacy Buyer (FULL-TIME)
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Pharmacy Buyer (FULL-TIME), to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region
This Pharmacy Buyer position is responsible for providing Pharmacy Services within the Inpatient Pharmacy Department at Nemours Children’s Hospital (NCH). The position is responsible for coordination of the medication procurement process, overseeing and maintaining inventory stock levels, its paperwork, and the process of ensuring appropriate dating of medications in the Pharmacy Department.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of drugs/supplies. Makes decisions in purchasing while complying with budget limitations, and achieving a maximum inventory turnover rate.
- Communicates in real time shortages of medications or changes in medication stock availability.
- Oversees receiving, storage, and return of medications to the Pharmacy wholesaler.
- Maintains invoicing for all drug and supply accounts.
- Demonstrates knowledge and functionality of wholesaler and Lawson computer systems.
- Coordinates disposal of all expired medications.
- Assists with maintenance of database and paperwork on medication recalls.
- Prepares Pharmacy Department for annual inventory updating shelf labels, inventory supply forms, and databases as needed.
- Functions as a Pharmacy technician as required.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the general duties of a Pharmacy technician including knowledge, and maintainance of competency and understanding of the duties and responsibilities of the position to which he/she is assigned which may include: unit dose cart fill, Pyxis functionality, IV preparation (e.g. syringes, admixtures, chemotherapy, continuous renal replacement therapy, total parenteral nutrition, etc.), unit dose packaging, filling outpatient prescriptions, barcoding, Pharmacy inspections, oral liquid compounding, stock inventory maintenance and replishment, code cart process.
- Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms. This includes wearing appropriate personnel protective equipment, the practice of aseptic technique, proper procedure for preparing all types of parenteral admixtures (including chemotherapy or other specialty solutions).
- Performs various functions associated with NCH drug distribution system. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of medications for patients, the completion of necessary dispensing records, and the delivery and exchange of medications.
- Carries out the calculations required for the usual dosage determination and solutions preparation, using weight and volume equivalents in the metric system.
- Cross trained to perform Lead Technician responsibilities based on the discretion of the Director of Pharmacy Carries out rules and regulations pertaining to the professional policies of the pharmacy department and ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Assists appropriate stock levels in automatic dispensing cabinets including but not limited to maintenance of expiration dating of medications in cabinets.
- Able to maintain punctual attendance consistent with Nemours policies, regulatory, and federal, state, and local standards.
- Strong communications skills are required. Prepared to interact with both internal and external customers and respond appropriately.
- High School Diploma required
- Florida technician license required
- Certified Pharmacy Technician required
- Minimum of 3 years Hospital Pharmacy buyer experience required
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
For more information and to apply please visit: https://nemours.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers_at_nemours/job/Orlando-FL/Pharmacy-Buyer--FULL-TIME-_28510
Location/Region: Orlando, FL (32801)