Guidepoint is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing professional services organization with a heavy focus on great client satisfaction. We’re the experts and finding expertise!
We are seeking a Receptionist for our NYC Headquarters office to manage our front desk, providing direction to clients, visitors and employees, as well as answering phones, taking messages, sorting/distributing mail and managing our conference room calendars.
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Prior experience as a receptionist is also helpful.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Greet clients and other visitors with a positive, helpful attitude and assist them in finding their way around the office
- Announcing clients as necessary.
- Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs.
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes and making travel plans.
- Preparing and maintaining conference and training rooms.
- Answering phones in a professional manner, screening and routing calls as necessary.
- Assisting leadership with administrative tasks and performing other ad-hoc administrative duties as requested.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Scheduling appointments.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or other related field preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a receptionist or in related field highly desired.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Solid time management skills a must.
- Team-player attitude.
Location/Region: New York, NY