Bristol Environmental Remediation Services, LLC is seeking an Environmental Project Manager I in Anchorage, AK. The Project Manager is responsible for the management of small to large, complex environmental investigation or remediation projects. This position is responsible for all aspects of a project including scope development, planning, scheduling, budgeting, client interface, staff assignments subcontractor procurement/selection, and reporting.
* Prepare cost estimates and proposals, allocate resources for project, and oversee field activities.
* Coordinate with clients, regulatory agencies, and project stakeholders to ensure conformance with contract terms.
* Represent Bristol as Point of Contact for project, developing and maintaining positive client relationships.
* Study contract documents to determine appropriate methods for completion and explain plans and contract terms to administrative and field staff.
* Administer project kickoff and planning meetings. Ensure stakeholders and subcontractors understand their role and specific job duties.
* Prepare and update project schedules and monthly status reports.
* Confirm that all required permits and licenses are in place.
* Ensure project needs and objectives are met.
* Coordinate with designated Quality Control and Health & Safety representatives to ensure high quality project delivery and Bristol Code Zero standards are met.
* Minimize company exposure and project performance risks.
* Manage project changes, and prepare change orders where necessary.
* Prepare or review project information reports and other project reporting documents as required.
* Track costs and prepare Accruals and Estimate to Complete reports monthly.
* Prepare monthly reports and invoices to clients on a timely basis.
* Prepare field reports and after action reports.
* Analyze and track project financial performance.
Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline, Environmental Science, Geology, Biology, Chemistry or Engineering.
Minimum of five years recent and relevant experience as a Project Manager for Environmental Investigation/Remediation or Engineering projects.
* Experience with Alaska remote environmental site project planning, estimating, logistics, transportation, and field execution.
* OSHA HAZWOPER (29 CFR 1910.120) training.
* Knowledge of environmental sampling methodology/design, multi-incremental and discrete sampling.
* Experienced sampling and reviewing data collected from various environmental media including soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment and air.
* Working knowledge of various environmental media sampling equipment, instrumentation and tools.
* Experience managing all aspects of medium to large projects.
* Detail oriented problem solver.
* Direct experience with and established relationships with USACE, USAF and other Federal clients.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, and work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
* Excellent client management/stakeholder engagement skills.
* Ability to provide both technical and supervisory assistance to the project team.
* Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
* Microsoft Project proficiency.
* Knowledge of federal and State of Alaska environmental regulations.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with staff.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
Professional registration (PE, PG) or certification in Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred. OSHA 10, OSHA 30 certifications may be required. ADEC qualified sampler (78 ACC).
Medium physical workload.
Employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Also required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions fumes, odors, dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent salary and benefit package to include: paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive health insurance plan including medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, long term disability insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match.
Bristol companies are equal opportunity employers and offer any available positions to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, parenthood, pregnancy, marital status or changes in marital status, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. This applies to recruitment, placement, pay, benefits, training, employment status changes, social and recreational programs, and other conditions and benefits of employment. As an Alaska-Native owned company, Bristol companies seek out and hire qualified Alaska Natives and other minorities.
Location/Region: Anchorage, AK