The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Provide leadership for our water / wastewater construction management practice in New York and New Jersey in support to the water / wastewater Managers of Projects and Client Account Managers. Provide the cross-functional business development, technology, and staffing guidance for construction-related activities. Works with the area business development leads to recommend appropriate staff for CM business development teams, strategy, and pursuits.
• Serve as the visible face of the Construction Management practice to staff in New York and New Jersey to clients as called upon by CAMs, PMs or MOPs.
• Ensure that optimal project CM assignments, workload leveling, hiring, and management recommendations are made for assigned staff across the region• Building staff capabilities in construction management technical, project management and business development areas• Identify construction professionals in key growth geographies and markets.• Liaison to match CM software, tools, approaches and staff to broader regional needs/pursuits. Help match technology and staff to projects based on the project need.• Serve as an advocate for staff for career path issues, employee morale issues and in matters of employee relations• Mentor or facilitate mentoring and help build broad employee networks.• Provide primary (day-to-day) project assignment, workload leveling, staff hiring and management recommendations for assigned staff (in consultation with the Geographical Operations Manager and Staff Planning Manager regarding the overall business group workload demands)• Provide guidance for staff goal setting and, where appropriate, help remove barriers to achieving the goals
• Maintain contact with MOPs and PMs to gauge project execution and progress to ensure that the appropriate amount of technical and project delivery oversight is in place on projects across the region. Actively assist MOPs and CM/PMs with resolution of resource, schedule, scope, budget, and client issues in order to achieve successful project outcomes. • Support regional HS&E efforts by reinforcing HS&E culture within the field assigned CM teams working on active construction sites.
• Be a growth leader for regional CM services through effective integration of CM construction-related resources into consulting, design, SDC and program management efforts. Assist sub-regional (geographic) leadership with CM business development, proposal preparation, CM staffing and CM technology/tools.
• Work with and support Marketing/BD Teams to identify, prioritize, and capture potential CM pursuits. Provide balanced input regarding business development decisions and participate in the GO/NO-GO process.
• Integrate SDC and CM efforts into more of a construction-related services pool of resources. Liaison to create a more interdisciplinary group.
Minimum 15 years leading staff as a supervisor
Bachelors is preferred
Minimum 15 years of experience as a Project Manager/Construction Manager on large scale programs is required
Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building is required
Professional Registration (P.E.) is preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New YorkJob Posting: Jun 4, 2019, 7:58:27 PM
Location/Region: New York, NY