Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
As an Environmental Technician I with Terracon you will perform basic data collection and documentation duties related to environmental field activities associated with Asbestos, Industrial Hygiene, Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments. Assist technician or staff professional in complex tasks. Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operates basic field and air monitoring equipment
- Conduct asbestos inspections and air monitoring of buildings
- Mobilizes equipment and supplies for field projects
- Transports equipment, supplies and documents to project sites, clients or other offices. Prepares chain of custody documents.
- Basic skills in Microsoft office produucts
- Assists in basic survey/measurement data
- Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment
- Tabulates data and prepares reports
- Assists Environmental technicians or professional staff in operations such as collecting field data and sample shipping..
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Omaha, NE