- 08-Mar-2019 to 07-Aug-2019 (CST)
- Montgomery, AL, USA
- $98,300 - $118,000
- Full Time
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance; Life, Accident, STD & LTD Insurance; Paid Vacation; 401k/Roth 401k Matching & Profit Sharing; Bonus Potential
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
LOCATION (RELOCATION PROVIDED)
Southeast U.S. - Montgomery, AL
Caddell Construction is seeking an experienced Sr. Estimator within the Southeastern United States. Caddell offers excellent benefit options and relocation for qualified applicants.
Leads a functional team in producing a complete bid proposal. Additionally, leads buy-out efforts when applicable.
Caddell Construction is seeking an experienced Senior Estimator who has 10+ years of estimating experience with large commercial projects in excess of $10M.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from prior estimates, purchase agreements and subcontracts in order to gain information for current bids.
- Reviews contract documents and attends pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provides technical support to personnel preparing estimates for assigned divisions.
- Oversees estimators in soliciting subcontractor/vendor pricing information.
- Coordinates the design process in preparation for the D/B proposals.
- Develops main summary and general conditions.
- Coordinates with estimators in preparation for bid day.
- Ensures that bid documentation is logged and filed after bid day.
- Negotiates and writes major subcontracts and purchase agreements.
- Oversees estimators in negotiating and writing subcontracts and purchase agreements.
- Develops, prepares and maintains buy-out budgets.
- Coordinates with Scheduling Department to review/edit project schedules to comply with contract requirements and logical sequence of construction.
Minimum high school diploma/GED and ten-years of construction-related experience required. Four-year degree in related field and seven years construction-related experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experienced with estimating software. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to train, mentor and lead Estimator I & II employees. Demonstrates a complete understanding of RFP and contract document requirements. Must be a self-starter. Demonstrated ability to develop a preliminary project schedule during the bid stage. Must have a thorough understanding of all construction divisions and general construction knowledge.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!
The Caddell Way Culture from Caddell Construction Co (DE) LLC on Vimeo.
Location/Region: Montgomery, AL