The Department of Facilities has an opening for a full-time Locksmith and Maintenance Worker II at our Rindge, NH campus. Providing support to maintenance department assisting with building repair and construction tasks, the primary focus for this role is the installation, repair and maintenance of locks on campus.
The daily tasks of the Locksmith:
- Maintaining the key inventory system
- Maintenance and repair of all the locks and keying system
- Update and maintain the floor plans identifying doors and related hardware
- Produce and issue keys via department heads.
Tasks of the Maintenance Worker II:
- Inspection of buildings and grounds and generation of work orders for repair, preventative maintenance or adjustment
- Assist with winter maintenance of the campus walkways and entrances
- Assist with other maintenance trades people as designated by Director.
Experience and Qualifications:
The skills, qualifications and experience that you bring with you include:
- Three to five years previous work experience.
- Technical skills as a locksmith including knowledge of all types of locking mechanisms.
- Strong skills in the building trades including carpentry and building maintenance and repair.
- Be able to lift materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Physically able to bend, stoop, stretch, grasp, climb ladders and scaffolding.
You will also possess:
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license.
- The ability to work rotational on-call shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for health, dental, and vision plans, as well as tuition benefits and pension contributions after criteria met. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Franklin Pierce University recognizes the impact of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, backgrounds and perspectives.
About this company
Franklin Pierce University embraces an education that matters: one that achieves academic success through the integration of liberal arts and professional programs. Our community of educators and learners creates an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity and encourages experiential and applied learning. A Franklin Pierce experience enables each student to discover and fulfill his or her own unique potential. We prepare students to become confident, knowledgeable individuals and leaders of conscience.
University Vision Statement
Franklin Pierce University will be celebrated for providing distinctive educational opportunities that intentionally connect academic majors and programs to meaningful career options through the integration of our liberal arts heritage and excellence in undergraduate and graduate education. Our alumni will be well-prepared for the professional, personal and social demands of the 21st century and will continue to be ethical leaders and catalysts for positive change within and beyond their communities.
Location/Region: Rindge, NH