Peterborough New Hampshire
We are looking for a Recreation Director who can bring the right combination of education, experience and enthusiasm to our dynamic community. In addition to having education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related course of study and three to five years minimum experience directing a recreation department, the ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate their familiarity with and extensive knowledge of:
• Growing and maintaining positive relationships between municipal departments, local schools, sports groups and other communities in the region
• Recreation program development for youth and adult patrons
• Personnel management of large seasonal staff
• Management of Recreation facilities, including outdoor pools and beaches
• Best practices related to safety of staff and program participants
• Preparing and managing budgets, capital improvement plans and fleet maintenance plans
The successful candidate will be a person who is comfortable working cooperatively with department directors and skilled at managing and working hands-on with their own recreation department team. They will also understand the important role that the Recreation Department plays in promoting a positive relationship with the residents that the Town serves and will strive to maintain a high level of customer service.
The salary range for the Recreation Director position is $53,900—$81,649; the starting salary will be commensurate with experience and education. The Town of Peterborough offers an excellent benefits and compensation package, including health and dental coverage, retirement and vacation.
Please submit your resume, letter of interest or any requests for additional information to email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm on November 1, 2019. Please see our website, www.townofpeterborough.com/jobs for more information.
Location/Region: Peterborough, NH (03458)