Multiple "Come & Go" positions needed IMMEDIATELY in Wheaton area for ComForCare Home Care. Immediate openings are...
* Weekday Day Shifts (part & full-time)
* Weekend Day & Night Shifts * Overnights
* and even Live-Ins Again - these cases are in the Wheaton area and the surrounding towns. Consider your driving distance before you apply.
We are a good size agency with a family culture that hires the most sincere and experienced caregivers - insuring our clients receive the best possible care.
We hire the best and expect the best! We do this because we know in our hearts that we can change our clients and their family's lives dramatically.
Our expectations are high. Only apply if you are looking for gratifying work and can live by our high standards.
Please do not apply if you simply want any job.
Caregiver / CNA * 1.
One or more of the following criteria: One year minimum of continuous experience as a Home Health Aide or Nurse Aide in a health care environment; It will be very helpful if you are certified as a CNA, medical assistance program, or other applicable direct care training program.
* 2. Satisfactory compliance with ComForCare bonding criteria.
* 3. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, coworkers, and all supervisors.
* 4. Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal instructions
* 5. Satisfactorily demonstrate and perform competency in clinical skills through competency checklist and skills demonstration test.
Routine Duties - Personal Care Services
Bathing, assistance with dressing, nail and skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo and oral hygiene.
* 2. Assistance with ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices, (Walker,crutches,cane) change of position.
* 3. Assistance with toileting, use of bedpan, commode, or urinal; incontinent care.
* 4. Meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding.
* 5. Emotional support and motivation through conversation, encouragement and recreational activities.
* 6. Maintenance of appropriate agency records.
* 7. Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner according to agency policy.
* 8. Adhere to infection control and safety procedures that are in accordance with agency policy.
Household Management * 1.
Light Housekeeping - Including changing of bed linens, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting of clients environment, emptying client's wastebaskets and garbage.
Refrigerators are defrosted, when necessary, if client or caretaker is unable to do so.
Cleaning of the bathroom includes bathtub, sink, and toilet.
The floor should be vacuumed and mopped if it becomes wet.
Cleaning of kitchen includes washing dishes, counter tops and the floor.
* 2. Personal Laundry - The Laundry belonging to the client him or herself.
Laundry for any family members or others in the same home is not the responsibility of caregiver.
* 3. Grocery Shopping
Services that may be expected of the Caregiver / CNA (case dependent)
* Bathing and Direct Hygiene Care
* Catheter Care - Emptying catheter bags and measuring intake/output
* Monitor/Record vital signs * Assist/Monitor Nasal Oxygen
* Provide care for any assistive devices/equipment (braces, walker, and/or hose)
* Provide diabetic care, including monitoring hypoglycemia or hyperglycmia, urine testing, and preparation of special diet.
* Provide incontinent care - diaper changes, etc.
* Assistance with Range of Motion exercises
Location/Region: Wheaton, IL (60187)