Job DescriptionAre you looking to work for a company that gets it?
Terracon is growing and we are now hiring an Environmental Asbestos Technician in our Denver, CO office! Our Denver office works on asbestos projects that are always unique and no two days ever seem to be the same. In this position you will perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, noise, asbestos and other hazardous materials. You will operate and maintain field monitoring equipment, including remediation systems. You will assist with asbestos, lead paint and hazardous materials surveys, abatement design and oversight projects and Phase I preliminary site assessments, and you may be tasked to transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. In this position you will tabulate and prepare data for written reports. The successful candidate for this position will be experienced and will possess the desire to learn all aspects of environmental field work for the Terracon team.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has close to 4,000 employees in 145 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. Terracon is currently ranked at #30 on the list of the Top 200 engineering firms in the U.S.
If you want to work hard for a company that gets it
, takes care of the employees and provides opportunity and training, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your vision.Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Performs standardized and sometimes complex field tests as directed and/or special inspections as required.
- Calibrate field monitoring equipment such as PID or combustible gas indicator.
- Sample suspect asbestos-containing building materials in accordance with AHERA guidelines.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of remediation systems.
- Assist drill crews in obtaining soil and groundwater samples.
- Perform oversight and air monitoring during asbestos abatement projects.
- Conduct monitoring well sampling.
- Under the direction of a staff professional, performs complex field tasks.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Certification in field of expertise required. Examples include:
- Asbestos Inspector
- Asbestos Air-Monitoring Specialist
- Lead Inspector
- Mold Technician
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Wheat Ridge, CO