Customer Quality Assurance Engineer provides direct oversight andsustaining support to customer quality requirements. Ensurescustomer requirements are clearly understood, implemented intomanufacturing and suppliers processes, and provide expected resultsto customers. Customer Quality Assurance Engineer supports newbusiness development, design, manufacture, quality inspection, andtesting of products to industry standards, military specifications,and/or customer specifications, as applicable.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be an effective communicator of quality concerns bothinternally and with customers.
- Effective in gaining understanding of technical issues andconsolidate investigation reports for communication tomanagement and customers.
- Support new product releases into sustaining by ensuringqualification and required procedures are in accordance withcustomer requirements.
- Review customer quality clauses to verify compliance tocompany’s quality systems and business processes.
- Review integration of customer requirements into manufacturingrequirements such as Product Detail Specifications and flow downto suppliers.
- Review customer procurement specifications (e.g. SourceControl Drawings, Altered Item Drawings, or Standard MilitaryDrawings) to ensure product is built and tested to meet customerexpectations.
- Quality interface with customer and US Government agencies(e.g. DLA and Space Agencies), as assigned, to coordinatemeeting requirements.
- Support generation and review of Standard Military Drawings(SMDs) and data sheets for assigned products.
- Coordinate sustaining QML program requirements and ensureongoing compliance to QML requirements for assigned products.
- Provide oversight in coordinating internal team to addressroot cause corrective actions and resolve customer's quality orreliability concerns.
- Utilize improvement tools, such as: Six Sigma, LeanManufacturing, 5 Whys, fishbone diagram analysis, and Paretoanalysis to address product quality concerns and driveimprovements within Customer Quality Engineering’s areas ofresponsibility.
- Provide support for the implementation and execution inmeeting company’s customer quality key performance indicatorsincluding reduction of customer returns and achieving on timedelivery.
- Oversee customer scorecards performance indices for keycustomers and ensure continuous improvement plans are developedand executed to meet customer quality expectations, as assigned.
- Monitor non-conformances and process trends for correctiveaction and recommend actions to prevent recurrence of qualityproblems for assigned customers.
- Support contract negotiations pertaining to quality functionson new customer business opportunities and manufacturing flows.
- Assist in provide training for other Customer QualityAssurance Engineers and Technicians to help improve their skillsin customer specification review, purchase order review,customer requirements, etc.
- Provide support in assuring compliance to customer, industrystandards (e.g. JEDEC Standards), and military specifications(e.g. MIL-PRF-38535)
- Support development and maintaining quality system compliancewith ISO-9001 and AS9100 and certification audits.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Develop and maintain performance monitors for productivity andquality for area of responsibility.
- Manage the performance of assigned Quality Assurance personnelas required.
A Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from a college or university and up to fouryears of related experience and/or training is required.Computer Skills:
Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software. Experience using Design of Experiment (DOE) or other statisticalsoftware is preferred.Security:
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: Colorado Springs, CO