STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond.
Our inclusive and transformative community seeks a Middle School Math Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
Objective: STRIVE Prep Middle School Math Teachers will create exceptional outcomes and opportunities for students by providing high-quality, rigorous and engaging instruction.
- Lead engaging, data driven instruction in Math, using the Engage NY curriculum.
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, the English Language Development Director and the special education team to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner.
- Be available to students by phone every evening, Monday-Thursday, for homework assistance until 8:00 p.m.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 15 students.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Communicate regularly with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Achieve Qualified Teacher status (teacher’s license not required) within six weeks of starting through one of the following channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education:
- A valid Colorado Teacher License in the applicable endorsement area;
- Sufficient college coursework (or degree in content area);
- Passing score for the applicable Praxis ii or Colorado PLACE exam.
- Read more about the available pathways to becoming a Qualified Math Teacher.
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners
- Demonstrated success working with middle school students of color
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- Approximately eight weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep works to make a college prep education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment. STRIVE Prep is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our culture of inclusion is rooted in the belief that when we create the conditions that align…
- Your unique gifts (Bring your full self, skills/knowledge, & unique lens on the work)
- Your purpose/desire for impact (What challenges do you most want to tackle?)
- The organization’s needs (STRIVE Prep’s strategic goals and value we seek from this role)
...then you will have the opportunity every day to unleash your genius--individually and collectively with your colleagues--to ensure our students are Learning to Change the World. We create these conditions with intentional, strengths-based coaching through an equity and inclusion lens, and a culture that leverages the rich diversity of our team to inform the work and achieve breakthrough results for our students.
Location/Region: Denver, CO (80201)