DAYCARE - CHILD DEV. TECH.
UAMS Kids First - Lowell, AR
The Child Development Technician assists the Early Childhood Development Specialist in providing care and intervention to a group of young children birth to age 5 with developmental delays and special medical needs.
- Provides direct supervision for a group of infants, toddlers, or preschoolers
- Provides quality direct patient care for a group of young children including serving mealtimes, assisting with feeding, diapering and dressing.
- Provides developmentally appropriate behavioral guidance within daily scheduled activities.
- Establishes exciting learning environments for young children and applies curriculum to address the objectives contained in each child’s treatment plan.
- Follows the direction of the Early Childhood Development Specialist to provide individualized developmental services in assigned treatment rooms in a manner that is child-centered, family focused, and demonstrates evidence-based or best practice.
- Completes documentation and tasks compliant with guidelines set forth by KIDS FIRST, UAMS, Child Care Licensing, AFMC, CHMS, DDS, DDTCS, Arkansas Department of Health, CARF, and other accrediting organizations.
- May perform other duties as assigned based on clinic need.
- High School Diploma or GED PLUS six (6) months of experience working in the care of children
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field
- Child Care Orientation Training (CCOT) and/or Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential may be substituted for experience requirement
Candidate must pass state abuse registry checks, drug screen, submit to a TB skin test and required immunizations or provide proof of immunizations.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Apply: jobs.uams.edu and search for job number 59815
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities & protected veterans & is committed to excellence.
Location/Region: Lowell, AR