Date: May 23, 2019
Position Title: Associate Director, Professional Development
Reports To: Director, e-Learning
ASAM is a medical professional society representing more than 6,000 members with 40+ staff and a $10M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
The Associate Director, Professional Development is a full-time position that will report to the Director, e-Learning, Professional Development. The Associate Director will strategize, plan and lead ASAM’s new efforts to identify, recruit and train current and new faculty for ASAM education activities across the country. The Associate Director will work with team members across the department and organization on the development and execution of the plan. The process will be primarily online utilizing creative ways to evaluate, develop, train and prepare faculty to deliver content for a variety of current and upcoming ASAM education programs. The candidate must quickly develop a broad understanding of ASAM and ASAM education programs.
- Create and implement a strategy, plan, and process for training faculty.
- Lead development of a system for faculty training within ASAM’s online learning platform and/or utilizing another open source software available.
- Serve as key staff to identify and motivate members to serve as faculty.
- Manage aspects of the budget related to faculty training.
- Create data and tracking process needed to maintain and manage a database of faculty trained and signing up for training, etc.
- Manage and/or assist with vendor relationships as needed.
- Handle special projects as assigned such as summarizing evaluations, following-up with faculty, preparing tracking reports for the project grant, etc.
- Provide reliable and consistent customer service for the training system.
- Understand and adhere to ACCME and CME guidelines as needed.
- Manage and assist with other programs and projects as determined by the Chief Learning Officer and Director, e-Learning, Professional Development to work with other department staff as needed on other education programs.
- Small to moderate amount of travel (1 - 3 trips a year) as needed for live faculty development and training and/or to provide assistance and management required for successful operation of courses.
- Open to new ideas and other duties as they arise and are assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Two to five years of experience with faculty development and training in another organization.
- Two to five years of experience with learning management systems (LMS), other education online software to create courses and online databases required
- Experience working closely with faculty and developing courses required
- Master’s Degree in Adult Education and Training field preferred
- Association experience, particularly in a medical society preferred
- Experience in budget planning and management
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with LMS systems, articulate and other education online software
- Ability to create online education products utilizing the above and other software
- Excellent writing skills with expertise in proofreading and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities in work assignments, managing projects, and following up on assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Proven record of successful project and budget management
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and creativity valued
- Team player with positive attitude, enthusiastic energy and ability to have fun with team members
Works closely with:
- Director, e-Learning, Chief Learning Officer and other members of the professional development department
- Faculty subject matter experts
- Other ASAM staff and departments
Benefits of Working at ASAM:
- ASAM’s work with physicians and clinicians helps millions of patients, families, and communities impacted by addiction
- ASAM’s work helps address the vast national crisis of opioids and addiction
- ASAM enjoys a strong organizational culture, living by values determined by staff of open collaboration, trust, courage, and connectedness
- ASAM is proud to have earned the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility
- ASAM offers competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits that include paid vacation and sick leave, transportation reimbursement, medical insurance, and 401k.
Recruiting salary range: Commensurate with experience (with a robust benefits package)
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how your skills match the position to email@example.com.
ASAM provides equal opportunity to all staff. No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, physical handicaps, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other category that is protected by federal law or the laws of the Maryland.
ASAM is proud to be honored with the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility for its use of flexibility and other aspects of workplace effectiveness as a workplace strategy to increase business and employee success. ASAM was one of eight organizations and the only association to be recognized in the state of Maryland.