We are looking for a Recreation Counselor to work full-time or part-time in a year-round community-based Department of Mental Health funded program serving 8-19 year-old youth.
- It would also be great, but not essential, if you have skills in art, music, athletics, acting, nature, photography, film, and computers.
- Working for us, you’ll get to bicycle, backpack, X-C ski, row, canoe, fish, ice skate, sing, dance, and tell campfire stories.
- You’ll also make kites, cook, supervise volunteer work, build sandcastles, rollerskate, and make doll house furniture.
- Whatever you can’t do already, we’ll teach you.
- Most importantly, you’ll be sharing your best efforts with youth who cope with mental health challenges, giving them wonderful opportunities and support to have fun, share with friends, experience challenges and successes, feel safe and welcome in the world, and get on with the business of growing up healthy and happy.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Recreation Counselors at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- High energy, wide-ranging skills and interests, leadership ability and comfort interacting with families and the public in natural settings are essential attributes.
- The hours are afternoons, evenings, and weekends and include monthly overnight trips. The schedule is flexible and negotiable.
- It’s preferable that you live within twenty miles of our office in Ware, MA.
- BA degree is strongly preferred, experience is helpful
- Enthusiasm is essential!
- You will need a MA drivers’ license, a good driving history, and to be able to drive our vans.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org then click on "Browse All Jobs" to apply.
Location/Region: Ware, MA