PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Environmental Project Specialist to join our Business and Construction team in Schenectady, NY.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Environmental Technician will support the Building and Construction business by performing general environmental tasks in the Lab
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments.
- Site remediation plan development.
- Use of field equipment (PID, Pumps, etc.)
- Field sampling. (Soil, Groundwater, Air).
- UST Removals
- Environmental compliance audits.
- Vapor extraction systems.
- Brownfields experience.
- Proposal and client development.
- Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Geology preferred.
- 40 Hour OSHA Safety Training, preferred.
- Local experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental consulting services.
- A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Primary Location: US-NY-Schenectady
Work Locations: Schenectady Erie Blvd 104 Erie Blvd Suite 105 Schenectady 12305
Job: Professional Sciences
Organization: USA47:Professional Service Industries Inc
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: First Shift
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Location/Region: Schenectady, NY