Newsday is seeking an experienced business news reporter. The successful candidate must be able to break news and develop original enterprise by cultivating diverse sources and by using data and other digital tools. In addition to filing breaking news stories quickly and accurately across all distribution platforms, the candidate must be creative, write with clarity and energy and have the ability to organize and craft compelling long-form features. This successful candidate must work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team, juggle several projects at once and be comfortable using alternative storytelling methods, including video and social media.
- Candidates must have at least three years’ experience on a business beat is required.
- Candidates must have at least four years of experience covering breaking news or a beat. Speaking a foreign language is desirable.
- Desk jobs are largely sedentary roles that would require one’s ability to sit for extended period of time up to full 8-hour shift;
- Ability to reach, bend, lift, push, pull and carry a minimum of 25 lbs (i.e. - files, folders, laptop, workbooks, supplies…)
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- This position requires the employee to regularly communicate with others throughout the work day.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Location/Region: Melville, NY (11747)