As a Product Manager you will be a new concept/product advocate and will play an integral role in vetting, shaping and launching new global products and services for the Avis and Budget brands.
You will know our competitors very well: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our customers intimately including what is important to them and how they make their buying decisions. As you assess opportunities and develop concepts, you will seek to translate consumer needs with our brand’s equity and positioning while driving profitable growth for the Company.
You will collaborate with numerous key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure that we are holistically assessing the new product’s value proposition and applicability to ABG’s overall growth strategy. You will serve as the subject matter expert for the new product’s opportunity driven by an insatiable need to satisfy customers and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders.
You will also develop the marketing plans that are needed to ensure the successful launch of the new product. It will be important to understand the customer journey and what elements of our marketing mix should be activated to support the initiative. A strong analytical and business acumen will be important to secure the necessary level of funding for a successful launch.
- Identify new product ideas that can drive profitable growth
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Obtain internal and external sources of insights to inform the innovation process
- Customer intelligence—be the expert on our buyer personas and the customer experience journey.
- Understand our customers’ decision making process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you aim to launch in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the launch.
- Conduct cost-benefit and feasibility analyses as part of opportunity assessment; assess and propose the optimal level of marketing support with a keen eye towards ROI
- Garner cross functional alignment and support during the entire product development process
- Initiator and self-starter who can operate well in a process-light environment
- Critical thinking to be able to assemble sufficient and inspiring evidence that supports the ideas
- Collaboration to be able to obtain valuable input and buy-in during the innovation process
- Leadership to be able to champion initiatives and garner trust with key stakeholders
- Courage to propose fresh and new ideas that have the right risk to reward profile
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities from concept to launch and through profitability tracking
- 5-7 years of product marketing experience ideally from consumer-inspired marketing-driven organization
- Hands-on involvement with successful launch of new product from inception to activation planning
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with all levels of colleagues across all parts of the organization
- Exceptional ROI skills, able to conduct thoughtful and thorough cost-benefit analyses
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of senior and larger audiences, and a solid writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.