Montclair Township is hiring a Part-Time Kennel Attendant.
- Cares for impounded animals
- Cleans and maintains the shelter facility
- Performs related duties as required.
Work is performed under general direction from the Animal Shelter Director, who assigns duties and reviews performance for adequacy.
Full List of Job Duties:
- Cares for and feeds animals in the animal shelter and observes their physical condition and behavior.
- Under direction of a supervisor, administers medication and treatment to impounded animals.
- Maintains the sanitation of the impounding facility; washes and scrubs the facility, cleans up feces and urine, and dips and bathes animals to rid them of fleas and ticks.
- Promotes the adoption of animals, provides a satisfactory level of customer service; maintains records and files.
- Ability to feed and care for animals
- Ability to promote adoption of animals
- Ability to recognize sick and injured animals and communicate with Director or their designee.
- Successful candidate will be comfortable around animals and enjoy working with animals
- Experience and background in animal handling and behavior is preferred.
Salary: $12.99 per hour; part-time (not to exceed 28 hours per week)
Location/Region: Montclair, NJ